ABM Data Systems currently has the following career development opportunity:
European customs expert
ABM Data Systems builds advanced web-based customs brokerage and logistics management applications for use in Ireland and across Europe. We have a current opportunity for a European customs expert to join our team.
This person will be responsible for ensuring that our products meet the customs needs in all of the countries we will be working in. The successful candidate will have:
- Direct,demonstrable experience in all major customs procedures (Import, Export,Transit, ICS, Excise, Warehousing and PCC)
- Experience in, or a good understanding of, simplified procedures
- Experience working with customs procedures in multiple jurisdictions
- Experience in classification, value-build-up, origin and valuation principles
- A good understanding of the AEO process, including the implications of AEO accreditation for users of our products
The successful candidate will operate in the following areas/main components etc.:
- Customs procedure research and specification
You will be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a specification for each customs procedures supported by CustomsWare in each of the countries our products are available in.
- Application functionality requirements
You will work as part of the development team to ensure that the application meets the necessary customs regulatory and compliance requirements in each country. This will include participating in the in-house design and development workshops, interpretation of customs documentation, liaising with third-parties (partners, local customs authorities, etc.) and preparation for and participation in the accreditation process.
- Local Customs expertise liaison
ABM has established a network of independent local customs expertise in each of the countries we operate in (or will operate in). You will liaise with these resources to ensure that the necessary customs information is disseminated back into the application development process.
- Customer/Partner-facing role
The ABM sales channel operates via partners and direct enterprise sales. From time to time it may be necessary to interact with potential sales targets to determine their customs needs, or to demonstrate ABM’s ability to address the specific requirements.
Although the successful candidate will be based in Dublin, Ireland, there will be a level of international travel involved in the role.
Location: Santry, Dublin 9, Ireland
Salary: To reflect the candidate’s qualifications and experience but also their ability to make a real difference, working for a privately-owned Irish company.
Please send C.V. via email to email@example.com